Who of DJI the drone Spark possesses, who will deal sooner or later with the topic, how one can optimize the range of image transmission.
Here one will notice very quickly that by changing the W-Lan network from 5.8 Ghz to 2.4 Ghz the range of the image transmission can be almost doubled and that in compliance with the legal regulations.
Now one or the other drone pilot very probably asks himself the question:
How can I switch my DJI drone to 2.4 Ghz mode? Instructions!
This works as follows:
1. Start your drone, the controller and then connect the smartphone to the aircraft using the DJI Go App.
2. If you have a live video picture on the display, tap on the "symbol for the connection" (similar to the W-Lan symbol) at the top of the app
3. Now you can choose between "automatic" and "user-defined" - tap on "user-defined"
4. Scroll down to channel index (Swipe to the left or right for iOS). You can now manually select a channel to connect to.
By selecting the channel you can now switch to 2.4 Ghz.
- Channel 1 - 13 --> 2.4 Ghz
- Channel 149 - 165 --> 5.8 Ghz
5. Tap on accept and then restart the connection.
Attention: Some Android smartphones do not recognize the 2.4 Ghz mode of the DJI anymore!
Here an OTG cable must be used. iPhones have no problems here. Please take the warning above seriously!
Don't try this tip if you don't have much time! If your smartphone doesn't recognize the DJI Spark anymore, it has to be paired again, which takes additional time.
Now you know how to switch the DJI Spark from 5.8 Ghz to 2.4 Ghz.