A Huawei smartphone has various sensors integrated, including a magnetic sensor, which is used for the compass function. If you notice now that the magnetic sensor or compass of the Huawei smartphone does not correctly indicate the points of the compass, you should definitely perform a calibration.
Below we describe step by step how the compass or magnetic sensor of the Huawei smartphone can be calibrated.
Not all Huawei devices have an integrated magnetic sensor! Check this first by reviewing the technical specifications of your smartphone.
Calibration compass on a Huawei smartphone
1. Open the app Google "Maps" on your Huawei smartphone
2. Activate the location information on your smartphone (via the status bar), so that you yourself are displayed as a blue dot on the map
3. Now tap yourself (blue dot) on the map
4. You will see "Calibrate Compass" below, click on it.
5. You will see a pop-up window showing the accuracy of the compass.
6. If it says "LOW" in red, swing the Huawei smartphone in the shape of an eight.
7. Repeat the procedure until the status changes to "HIGH
You now know how to calibrate the compass of your Huawei smartphone when it shows the wrong direction.
The compass loses accuracy from time to time due to environmental influences, such as electric fields, magnets, etc. The compass is not as accurate as it should be.