The Huawei Mate 20 Pro offers several options to unlock your smartphone. In addition to fingerprints, pins, passwords and patterns, there is also the so-called "Face Unlock".
With this unlock method, you can unlock the device or the unlock screen by recognizing your face and then use your smartphone.
In this step-by-step guide, we will briefly explain how to set up and use Face Unlock on the Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
Please start as follows:
Set up Face Unlock with wizards
1. Open the system settings of Android on the Huawei Mate 20 Pro
2. Now navigate to "Security & Privacy" and then to "Face Unlock
3. Huawei Mate 20 Pro Face Unlock Furniture Wizard
4. The setup wizard for Face Unlock on the Huawei Mate 20 Pro now starts.
5. Make sure that there is enough ambient light when you take a picture of your face in the next steps.
6. Only in this way can Face Unlock be optimally set up and the capture of one's own face optimised.
7. Finish the wizard successfully to use Face Unlock
Face Unlock is now installed on the Huawei Mate 20 Pro and can now be used to unlock the smartphone's lock screen.
The function works very quickly. It is important that the front camera used for Face Unlock is clean. This ensures optimum detection.