Widgets such as the weather, quick call, calendar etc. can be added to the Huawei Mate 20 Pro home screen and are an excellent way to really customize your home screen to your needs.
This great feature is part of Android and can be used as follows.
Add Start Screen Widget - Instructions
1. Touch and hold a free area on your Home screen first.
2. You will see an option at the bottom of the screen with "Widgets".
3. Select widgets and then browse through the different options and designs
4. Next, touch and hold the desired widget.
5. It then becomes transparent and you can drag it to any free space on any of your home screen pages.
You now know how to add a new widget to the Huawei Mate 20 Pro startup screen.
Now you can set it up on your Android system in the way that suits you best.