If you backup your contacts on the Huawei Mate 20 Pro from different sources, such as the Sim card, a Google account, a Huawei account, a cloud, etc., then some of them may end up double or even multiple.
Double or multiple existing contacts do not make sense of course and therefore one should merge these same contacts, so that at the end only one contact with the suitable contact and address data is available.
In this description, we would like to explain how you can combine the same contacts into one on the Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
Please proceed as follows:
Bringing the same contacts together into one - Guide
1. Open the contacts app of the Huawei Mate 20 Pro
2. In the overview, please navigate to the three-point symbol (More) in the menu box below.
3. Now select "Organize contacts" from the context menu
4. Here you will find the entry "Merge duplicate contacts" - select this entry
5. You can now start the process and merge all duplicate or multiple existing contacts
Your contact app on the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is then optimally organized again.