The Huawei P20 Pro has a useful built-in feature that lets you set up the smartphone as a hotspot. You make the mobile Internet connection of the Huawei P20 Pro available to other W-Lan-enabled devices via Wi-Fi.
For example, you can surf the Internet via the Huawei P20 Pro with your laptop. Find out exactly how this works and what settings you need to make to set up the HotSpot here:
Activate Wi-Fi Hotspot - Use Tethering
1. Open the Android settings on the Huawei P20 Pro
2. Navigate to "Tethering & mobile HotSpot"
3. Next, select "Mobile WLAN Hotspot"
4. Activate it by setting the switch to "active"
5. Under "Configure W-Lan HotSpot" you can now change the network name and set a password.
You can also activate the "WPA2 PSK" security method. You can then access the mobile data connection of the Huawei P20 Pro with another W-Lan-enabled device and surf the Internet via it.
You now know how to activate and configure a W-Lan hotspot on the Huawei P20 Pro and how to surf with other devices.