Sometimes it is necessary to reset a smartphone to factory defaults in order to eliminate serious system errors or to delete all data contained on it so that the smartphone can be sold afterwards, for example.
This is called a factory reset and can be performed on the Nokia smartphone as follows.
Note: All data will be deleted during this process! Android is then automatically reinstalled.
Reset Nokia Smartphone to factory defaults - Android System
Open the settings in Android from the start screen and then select the following submenu of the Android system.
- Backup & Reset
From there, navigate to "Reset to factory settings" and then to:
- Reset phone
Confirm the operation by tapping "Delete all".
This variant of the workset should always be used when the Android system is working properly and booting is possible.
If you can't get into the Android system anymore, for example because you forgot the locking screen Pin, please use the second way to reset the Nokia Smartphone to factory settings:
Reset Nokia Smartphone to factory settings - Recovery menu
1. Turn the Nokia smartphone off completely once by pressing and holding the power button.
2. Press and hold the following buttons for 30 seconds to turn the phone back on:
- Power On/ Off Button
- Volume Loud Button
3. The Recovery menu will now appear, where you can navigate with the Volume key and select entries with the Power key.
4. Select "Delete Data / Factory Reset".
5. Your Nokia smartphone will now be completely formatted and the Android system will be reloaded.
You now know two ways to reset the Nokia smartphone to factory defaults using a factory reset.
In both variants, you should make a backup of your data beforehand if possible, as these will be completely deleted.