The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 can switch between different networks. GSM, UMTS or LTE. Network switching is based on network strength.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 automatically tries to stay dialed into the best network if the strength of the network is sufficient.
If you want to switch the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to a different network than the one that is selected automatically, you have to select it manually. How this works in detail, we have summarized here for you:
Change network mode on the Samsung Galaxy Note 9
1. Open the App menu and there the Android system settings
2. From here it goes on to "Connections" and "Mobile Networks"
3. In this submenu you can now see "Network mode". Select the entry. Now a menu appears, in which various options or connection modes are available.
- 4G / 3G / G / Auto 3G / 2G / Auto Only 3G Only 2G
4. Now select for example "Only 2G" - Done!
Your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 will now only dial into the GSM network of your mobile phone provider.
You now know how to manually dial your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 into a network mode and which menu has to be opened in Android.