Screenshots are very often taken with the Samsung Galaxy S9. Such an image is then stored by Android in a "Screenshots" folder on the internal memory.
This of course blocks the internal memory over time and therefore you might want to move the location for screenshots to the external MicroSD memory card.
Or you just want to change the location for screenshots. Unfortunately this is not possible with Android in the standard function. For this reason we have written a manual for you, how you can still save screenshots automatically in another location.
This works as follows:
Change location for screenshots - Instructions
You need the following app from the Google Play Store: Auto Transfer Lite If you have downloaded the app, continue as follows:
1. Open the app "Auto Transfer Lite"
2. Tap on the plus symbol in the upper right corner to create a new "Auto Transfer"
3. Specify a name for the process for example "Screenshot Transfer"
4. Select "Source Folder" and select the screenshot folder of the Samsung Galaxy S9 here:
- Internal Memory/DCIM/Screenshots
Important! Tap on the three dot symbol in the upper right corner and select "Show internal memory"!
5. In "Target Folder", select the folder where the screenshots will be saved in the future. For example a folder on the MicroSD memory card.
6. Set the slider at "Scan Media file after moved" to "active"
7. Tap on the floppy disk icon to save and activate the auto-transfer process
Every time you create a screenshot, it will be automatically transferred to the new screenshot folder.
With this little workaround you have successfully changed the location for screenshots on the Samsung Galaxy S9.