You can activate a so-called delivery report for text messages with the Samsung Galaxy S9. This delivery report informs you if a text messages has been sent and whether it has been received by the receiving device. So you can be sure that the contact has received your text messages. However, this is not a read confirmation!
However, the delivery report or the acknowledgement of receipt of an text message is not activated ex works, which is why we would like to explain how you can activate this option on the Samsung Galaxy S9. Proceed as follows in the Android or App settings:
Activate SMS acknowledgement on the Samsung Galaxy S9
1. Open the message app on the Samsung Galaxy S9
2. Tap on the symbol with the three dots in the upper right corner of the overview.
3. Select "Settings" in the context menu
4. From here, go to "Further settings" and then to "SMS".
5. Activate the option "Delivery reports" in this submenu now.
Now a delivery report is requested for every text message message sent.
You can then see whether SMS messages sent from this point on have been delivered or not.
Check delivery report for a special SMS
Open the SMS for which you want to know whether it was received. Now press and hold the SMS message until a pop-up menu appears. Select "Show details" in this window. You will now see information about the message including the "Delivery Report" field.
There are now two possibilities here:
- Requested (The text message has not yet been received)
- Received (The text message was received from the contact)
You now know how to activate the delivery report for SMS messages on the Samsung Galaxy S9.