Sometimes it may be necessary to change the network mode on the Sony Xperia XZ3. This may be the case if you are dialed into the UMTS network, but the voice quality of a phone call is very poor.
Here it often makes sense to set the network mode to "GSM only".
In the following we show step by step how to change the network mode on the Sony Xperia XZ3 manually.
1. Open the settings from the Home screen.
2. Navigate to: More --> Mobile networks
3. Next it goes to "Preferred network type"
4. Here you can manually select the network mode that your Sony Xperia XZ3 should use. The choice is yours:
- LTE/3G/2G (connect automatically)
- 3G/ 2G(connect automatically)
- Only 3G
- Only 2G
5. If you make a selection such as "Only 2G", your Sony Xperia XZ3 will be permanently in the GSM network.
You now know how to manually set the network mode on the Sony Xperia XZ3.