Have you ever accidentally deleted a file, image or video on your Android smartphone? Have you? Then it was so far that this file was usually irretrievably lost. Especially if it was stored on the internal memory (flash medium).
But with the new recycle bin function on Samsung smartphones, such data loss is now a thing of the past.
To benefit from this function, the recycle bin must first be activated. How to activate the recycle bin on your Samsung Galaxy A90, A70, A50, A30 so that deleted files are always cached in it, we would like to explain to you in our tutorial:
Activate recycle bin function for gallery - here's how it works
The recycle bin for photos and videos is provided by the Samsung Gallery App:
1. Start from the home screen and open the Gallery app on your phone.
2. Navigate to the three-point icon in the album overview.
3. Select "Settings" from the context menu.
4. Disable or enable the checkbox at
- Disable Trash
Note: If you enable the function, i.e. deactivate the Trash, this will automatically delete all photos and videos in the current Trash.
Trash function for "My Documents" Enable file explorer
Similar to the Galerie app, the recycle bin must also be activated for the file explorer "My Documents". It works like this:
1. Open the "My Documents" app on your smartphone
2. Navigate to the three-point symbol in the upper right corner.
3. Select "Settings" from the context menu that now opens.
4. Activate the menu item "Recycle Bin" in the "File Management" section
With the two recycle bin functions, files are now stored in the recycle bin for up to 15 days until they are finally deleted.
This allows files on the Samsung Galaxy A90, A70, A50, A30 to be easily restored within this period. Accidental deletion and the resulting loss of data is therefore practically impossible.