If you own a Samsung Galaxy S20 or Note 20, then the OneUI is installed on it as a surface (launcher). Many useful features are integrated into this, which make life easier for the user in everyday life.
Samsung's OneUI also includes gesture navigation. This offers you the possibility to use gestures to perform functions such as "Home", "Back" or to open the Task Manager, where you can find the last opened apps.
If you want to activate the gesture function for navigation on a Samsung Galaxy S20 or Note 20, please proceed as follows:
Enable gestures navigation in Samsung One UI
All Samsung devices running OneUI, OneUI 2.0 or OneUI 2.5 have this functionality, which allows you to disable or hide the navigation bar and then control it using gestures.
1. Navigate to the Android settings of your Samsung Galaxy S20 or Note 20.
2. Select "Display" and then "Navigation bar".
3. Switch here to "Gestures at full screen" to activate them and permanently hide the bar at the bottom edge of the display.
Once you have made your selection, you will see the "More Options" button, which you can use to make further adjustments.
How do I navigate using gestures on the Samsung Galaxy S20 or Note 20?
You can use the following gestures to perform gesture navigation on the Samsung Galaxy S20 or Note 20:
- Home gesture: Wipe from the middle bottom up
- Back-Gest: Wipe from the right or left side of the lower display area inwards
- Task Manager gesture: Wipe upwards and pause briefly with your finger
You now know how to activate gestures on the Samsung Galaxy S20 or Note 20 and thus permanently hide the navigation bar.