Widgets on Android smartphones display information such as the weather, calendar entries, current news, etc. directly on the home screen. These small snippets are extracts from apps and offer many advantages, because the app does not have to be opened every time.
If you would like to have such a widget on the start screen of your Samsung Galaxy Note 20, for example for the current weather or the calendar month view, you must first add it.
This works on the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 as follows:
Show weather widget etc. on the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 start screen
1. To do this, press and hold with your finger on a free area of the Home screen.
2. In the now displayed menu, please select "Widgets" at the bottom of the screen.
3. In the list of available widgets, look for one that you would like to add to your home screen.
4. For example, take a clock or weather widget.
5. Press and hold the widget until you can place it on the home screen.
6. When the widget is in the correct position, release it.
You have now successfully placed your first widget on the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 start screen. Proceed with each additional widget as described in this manual.