AirPods can be used to listen to your favorite music, make calls or watch YouTube. It may happen that the AirPods do not connect to your Smartphone, PC or MAC.
The reasons for this are different and therefore we would like to list here some tips to solve connection problems with Airpods.
Check the iOS version
First, check if the latest iOS version is installed on your iPhone or iPad. Please note the following information:
- Airpod Generation 1: iOS version 10 or later
- Airpod generation 2: at least iOS version 12.2
To check which version you currently have installed, please proceed as follows:
- Open the settings on your smartphone.
- Select "General".
- Go to "Check Software Update
If a newer version is available, download and install the update.
Restart your iPhone
Sometimes it is enough to restart the connected iPhone or iPad once. With current smartphones this works as follows:
- Press and hold the Power and Volume keys
- Move the slider to the left
- Wait 30 seconds and then press the power button until you see the Apple logo
Reset Airpods via factory reset
If the restart of your iPhone and iPad did not work for you either, please try to reset your Airpods now. Follow these steps:
- Open the settings
- Go to Bluetooth
- Go to the (i) icon next to Airpod
- Select "Forgot this device".
- Place the Airpod in the charging cradle and wait 30 seconds.
- Press the Setup button for 30 seconds.
If you see a slight flashing, reconnect your Airpod to your iPhone or iPad
With the help of the tips described above it should now be possible to connect the Airpods to an iPhone or MAC. We very much hope that you can now enjoy listening to music with your headphones.