Samsung has a special security function on board, the so-called "secure folder". With this it is possible to protect or hide sensitive data.
The Knox security platform from Samsung is used to create a new start screen that is protected by a password or the fingerprint sensor of your device.
Apps and files that you place in the Secure Folder cannot be accessed by third parties unless they know your access data.
In the following we would like to show you how to activate the secure folder on your smartphone.
Activate the Secure Folder on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet
The function works with Samsung Galaxy Knox capable phones with Android 7.0 Nougat and higher. A Samsung account is also required.
1. open the settings on the smartphone.
2. go to "Biometric Data & Security". You will be asked to log in to your Samsung account. If you have not created one yet, create one now. Otherwise, log in to your account.
3. activate the "Secure folder This is now created and encrypted. This process can take up to one minute. Then select a lock screen type for your Secure Folder.
4. you can choose a pattern, PIN or password and also use your device's built-in fingerprint biometrics if you wish.
5. you have now activated the safe folder on your smartphone.
Customize the settings of the Secure Folder
After your Safe Folder is activated, it is advisable to adjust the settings of the folder. You can access the settings by clicking on the button with the three dots in the upper right corner of the Secure Folder screen.
From here you can manage your secured applications and change the lock type, auto-lock settings, account settings and notifications.
You can also customize the design and name of the safe folder icon. This allows you to hide and protect it even better.
Now you know how to set up the Secure Folder on a Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet, in which you can use sensitive data and apps.