On the Huawei P40 Pro, temporarily used files are stored in a cache. This shortens loading times and enables a smoother usage.
This cache is stored on the partition of the Huawei P40 Pro and will remain there unless it is deleted. The cache is automatically regenerated when it is cleared, so that clearing the cache does not cause any problems with the application.
Over time, files in the cache can become corrupted, so it makes sense to rebuild it from time to time. This is possible with a Wipe Cache Partition. This way many problems with the device can be solved, such as bad performance and high battery consumption.
We would like to explain here how you can create such a wipe cache partition on the Huawei P40 Pro.
Empty temporarily stored data on the Huawei P40 Pro
1. switch off the Huawei P40 completely
2. Now switch on the Huawei P40 again and keep the following key combination pressed simultaneously:
- Power button
- Volume up key
3. press and hold the buttons for about 15 seconds and then release the buttons
4. you can now release the buttons. This will now display the boot menu after a moment. Huawei P40 Pro Wipe Cache Partition Menu
5. please mark the entry "Clear data" and then "Wipe Cache Partition" with the volume buttons of the Huawei P40.
Important!!! Please do not accidentally come to "Wipe Cache Factory Reset" <-- This will erase all data on the internal memory.
The Wipe Cache Partition, on the other hand, will not delete any private data from you.
Once you have marked the correct entry, confirm this by pressing the Power key. The process is now carried out on your smartphone, which usually only takes about 1-2 seconds. Afterwards the boot menu appears again.
7. select "Reboot system now" and confirm this by pressing the power key.
You have now successfully created a wipe cache partition on the Huawei P40 Pro and your smartphone should now work again without any problems.
Our tip: Run a wipe cache partition after each firmware update to avoid problems with the smartphone.