Many smartphones with the Android operating system are equipped with a fingerprint sensor, which is used to unlock the smartphone or unlock or open other sensitive functions.
As is so often the case with technology, the fingerprint sensor on your Android smartphone may not work properly. In most cases there is no hardware problem, but only an error with the software or the corresponding services app.
That's why we would like to tell you here how to proceed if the fingerprint sensor doesn't work anymore on Android.
Fingerprint sensor - Fix problems with this workaround
1. Open the settings within the Android system
2. Navigate here to "Apps".
3. Select the three-point icon in the upper right corner and then "Show system applications".
4. Now search for "Fingerprint" and select the corresponding app.
5. You will now see the app info for it. Go to "Storage".
6. Now select "Delete data".
7. You must then re-enroll your fingerprint.
If you now use the fingerprint scanner to unlock the smartphone, this should work as usual.
If this does not help, then you should run a Wipe Cache partition on your smartphone to fix the problem. This is done as follows.
You now know the procedure to adjust the software to make the fingerprint scanner work as desired.