If you are wondering how to reset the OnePlus Nord to factory defaults, you are most likely facing the problem that the Android operating system is no longer running properly or that you want to sell or return the smartphone.
With a factory reset, all data on the internal memory is deleted and the Android operating system is completely reloaded.
Afterwards the smartphone can be set up again, just as if you had received it anew.
The factory reset often corrects serious errors. Below we have summarized how to perform a factory reset on the OnePlus North:
OnePlus Nord factory reset - How to delete all data
There are two ways to reset the device. Via the Android system or the recovery menu.
Reset via the Android operating system
1. open the settings on your OnePlus North
2. in the "Personal" section you will see the "Save" option. Select the entry.
3. go to "Reset factory data" now
- Alternative: Memory --> Backup & Restore --> Reset to factory settings
4. follow the wizard to reset your device
5. your OnePlus North is restarted and then reset. Afterwards, the smartphone can be used as usual.
Reset via the Recovery Menu
1. switch off the OnePlus North completely. (Keep the Power button pressed until the unit shuts down)
2. press the power button and the volume button on your smartphone simultaneously for a few seconds
3. if you see a OnePlus logo please release the key combination.
Navigate to the menu item "Recovery Mode" using the volume key.
5. select the entry by pressing the power key once.
6. use the volume keys to go to the "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" option and press the power key to enter the process
7. confirms the operation that all data will be deleted
8. the device is then restarted and it takes a few minutes until the factory reset is performed.
Now you know various methods for performing a factory reset on the OnePlus Nord, which resets the device to factory settings.