Widgets on the Huawei P40 Pro or P40 can be used to customize and design the home screen so that important information can be quickly viewed or accessed at any time.
The function to add widgets is specific to Android and so you may not know it because you have switched from an iPhone.
No problem, with the following step-by-step instructions you can add a widget, such as weather information, to the home screen.
Add Huawei P40 Pro widget on the home screen
1. Execute the pinch-to-zoom gesture on the home screen. The gesture is used as follows: On the screen, pull two fingers apart, as if zooming out of a photo.
2. The home screen will now contract and a small menu will appear.
3. Now select the entry "Widgets".
4. Search for a widget, such as the weather or calendar.
5. Press and hold the widget until it can be placed on the home screen.
6. Release the widget and it will be fixed on the homescreen at the position where you release it.
You have successfully placed a widget on the start screen of the Huawei P40 Pro or P40. For all other widgets, follow the same procedure as described above in the instructions.