Every smartphone will eventually reach the point where a factory reset is necessary. Either because there are very serious errors with the operating system or because the device is resold via the second-hand market.
Also the Huawei P40 Pro has to be reset to factory settings by means of a factory reset at some point. In the following instructions, we would like to explain step by step how to perform this reset:
Huawei P40 Pro factory reset - How to delete all data
There are two ways to reset the device. Via the Android system or the recovery menu.
Reset via the Android operating system
1. open the settings on the Huawei P40 Pro
2. navigate here to "System
Now mark "Reset phone" to reset the Huawei P40 Pro to factory settings. The wizard will then guide you through the further necessary steps.
Reset via the Recovery Menu
If you don't have access to the Android system anymore, because it doesn't boot due to an error or because you forgot your pin, password etc., you have to do the factory reset via the recovery menu.
The factory reset via the recovery menu is done as follows:
1. turns off the Huawei P40 Pro
2. press the power button, volume up and volume down button simultaneously.
3. use the volume key to navigate to the menu item "Reset to factory settings".
4. select the entry by pressing the power key once
5. confirms the operation that all data will be deleted.
The factory reset is now performed on the Huawei P40 Pro. The smartphone can then be started. The setup wizard should now appear.
Now you know different methods to perform a factory reset on the Huawei p40 Pro, which resets the device to factory settings.