The Samsung Galaxy S20 has a special menu integrated, which can't be accessed via the Android operating system. The language is from the recovery menu, which offers various functions such as resetting to factory defaults, wipe cache partition, etc..
In the following you will learn which functions the Recovery offers and how to open it on the Samsung Galaxy S20:
Revovery Menu - Functions on the Samsung Galaxy S20
These functions are offered in the Recovery menu:
- Apply Update from ADB
- Apply Update from SD Card
- Wipe data/ factory reset
- Wipe cache partition
- Mount/ system
- View recovery logs
- Run graphics test
- Run locale test
- Power off
- Lacking storage booting
And this is how the recovery menu opens:
Enter Revovery Mode on the Samsung Galaxy S20:
1. Turn off the Samsung Galaxy S20 completely.
2. Press and hold the Volume up key and the Power/Bixby key simultaneously.
3. Release the buttons when the Android recovery screen appears on the display.
You will now see the recovery menu on your smartphone.
To navigate within the Recovery Menu, follow the steps below:
You can navigate within the Recovery menu as follows:
- Volume Louder --> Navigate Up
- Volume Quieter --> Navigate down
- Power-Button --> Make selection/ perform action
Now you know how to boot into the recovery menu on the Samsung Galaxy S20 and execute functions such as ADB, Wipe Cache or Factory Reset.