The function to take a screenshot with the Samsung Galaxy S20 is one of the most important everyday functions. Be it to document information from websites, a game, a chat or something else, the screenshot is the appropriate means of choice.
On a modern smartphone like the Samsung Galaxy S20 there are several ways to take a screenshot. Depending on which variant you like best. You can then use them.
In the following we would like to show you all the possibilities to take a screenshot with the Samsung Galaxy S20.
Screenshot variants available on the Samsung Galaxy S20
Take screenshot via key combination
Take a screenshot via wiping gesture
Scrollshot for long page areas
In the following we will go into detail about each individual variant:
Take a screenshot via key combination - Samsung Galaxy S20
The most common way to take a screenshot with the Samsung Galaxy S20 is to use a hot key combination. The procedure is as follows:
1. Open the app or website that you want to capture
2. Press and hold the power button and the volume down button for about 2 seconds until the screen flashes
Take a screenshot using a wipe gesture - Samsung Galaxy S20
Samsung offers a special screenshot function via the OneUI interface, namely the recording by wiping with the edge of the hand over the display. In order to use this option, it must first be activated in the Android system's settings. This is how it works:
1. Open the Android settings
2. Scroll down the menu and tap "Advanced Features".
3. Navigate to "Movements and gestures".
4. Proceed to "Screenshot".
5. Set the slider to "Active" to activate the function.
You can now take a screenshot using a wipe gesture as follows
Open the app or website you want to record. Place the side of your palm on the edge of the screen. Swipe the side of your palm across the phone screen in one fluid motion.
The screenshot is now created.
Scrollshot for long page areas
With the scrollshot you can scroll down and save the screenshot as a single super-high image instead of separate sections. The Scrolling Capture only works when scrolling from top to bottom and is perfect for websites, for example.
The Scroll Capture is applied as follows.
1. As with the first two variants, open the app or website you want to capture using the scrollshot on the Samsung Galaxy S20 and make sure you are at the top of the page.
2. Use variant 1 or variant 2 of the screenshot as described above to take a screenshot.
3. A toolbar appears: Tap on the icon for the scrollshot.
Tap the icon until you have captured the desired content of the web page in your screenshot.
Like so many other things, you can take a screenshot with Bixby Voice, which is useful if you don't have your hands free to use the key combination or the wipe gesture.
The Bixby Screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy S20 is done this way:
1. Open the app or website you want to take a screenshot of
2. Hold down the Bixby key or pronounce the alarm word "Hey Bixby". Now say the following voice command:
- Take a screenshot
If the bixby screenshot was successful, the screen will light up briefly and the screenshot toolstrip will appear.
Now you know all the methods to take a screenshot with the new Samsung Galaxy S20.