You can place apps and widgets on the home screen of your Samsung Galaxy S20. This allows you to customize the home screen according to your wishes.
Now that you have placed some applications and widgets on your home screen in the correct order, you may sometimes find that certain apps are moved or deleted.
You will certainly want to know if there is a way to freeze the layout so that the layout of your home screen can no longer be changed.
This function is available on the Samsung Galaxy S20 and it is called "Lock home screen layout". Where you can find this nice feature and activate it, we'll tell you now:
Freeze Home Screen Layout - Home Screen Settings
1. Press with your finger for a long time on a free area of the start screen.
2. Select "Start screen settings" at the bottom of the display.
3. In this submenu you can now see the following option:
- Lock Home Screen Layout
4. Set the switch to "active".
This will prevent elements on the Samsung Galaxy S20 from being removed or repositioned on the Home screen from now on.
If you try to move an app, you will get a message on the display with:
- Element cannot be moved. The home screen layout is locked.
Now you know how to protect the layout of your home screen by using the Layout Lock function.