If you use a Samsung Galaxy S20, S10 or S9 and then the pre-installed e-mail program "Samsung E-Mail", then you may want to save an e-mail as a file at a certain time and save it on the memory card, for example.
Here you will now ask yourself the question how exactly this works.
Our following instructions should help you to save an e-mail to the internal memory or to the MicroSD memory card.
Step 1: Save e-mail as file
1. Open the e-mail app on the Samsung Galaxy S20, S10 or S9.
2. Open the e-mail you would like to save.
3. Tap on the three dots symbol in the top right-hand corner.
4. Select "Save as file" from the context menu.
5. Assign a file name and select "Save".
6. A message appears that the file has been created and that you can find it via the email app under "Saved emails".
But this method actually creates a file which is stored on the internal memory. The folder for this is:
- "Saved E-mails"
Here you will find the e-mail file you have just created. This can now be moved to the MicroSD memory card, for example:
Step 2: Move e-mail to memory card
1. Open the file explorer "My Documents", which is pre-installed on the Samsung Galaxy S20, S10 or S9.
2. Navigate to the following directory: Internal Storage/ Saved Email
3. You will now find the previously saved e-mail.
4. Long press on the file to highlight it.
5. Select "Move" in the toolbar below.
6. Navigate to the "SD card" location and then to the folder where you want to save the file.
7. Then select "Move here".
Now you can save an e-mail and move it to the internal memory card.