Samsung Galaxy S20 Sim card slot stuck in the housing - Solution

In the Samsung Galaxy S20, the sim card is integrated into a sim card slot, which is then inserted into the housing of the smartphone. Due to the IP certification 68, the Sim card slot is equipped with a rubber seal, which ensures waterproofness.

 

This rubber seal can sometimes make it difficult to get the Sim Card Slot out of the phone and it may even get stuck so tightly that you can't get it out.

If this is the case with your Samsung Galaxy S20, the following workaround will help to solve the problem:

Get the stuck Sim card slot out of the case of the Samsung Galaxy S20

The seal on the Sim card slot becomes soft over time and sticks a bit. To get the seal a little tighter again, you simply have to put the Samsung Galaxy S20 in the fridge.

So put the smartphone in the fridge for about 15 minutes or longer. This will cause the rubber gasket to shrink and the sim card slot can usually be removed from the Samsung Galaxy S20 without any problems.

This tip helps in 99% of the cases, for the remaining 1% you would actually have to go to a specialist workshop.

We hope that this workaround has helped you to solve the problem with the stuck Sim card slot.


About the Author

Manuel Solvemix Team small

Manuel has been involved with technology for more than 15 years, especially with mobile phones, smartphones and PC systems and shares his passion here in this blog. If he can help someone with a technical problem, he is especially happy about it.