If you are using an Android smartphone from Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, OnePlus etc., you can usually use the operating system to specify the network on which the device should operate. So it is possible to select networks like 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G.
In the following article we will show you which options are available to you:
Set network mode in Android
Note: Depending on the model and operating system, these instructions may vary slightly. Please search for similar menu items to get the same result:
1. open the Android settings
2. navigate to "Connections" and further to "Mobile Networks".
3. here you will now find "network mode". Select the entry.
4. are now available for selection:
- 2G only
- 3G only
- 3G/2G (Automatic connection)
- 4G/3G/2G (Connect automatically)
- 5G/4G/3G (Connect automatically)
5. now select the network mode that suits you best
Now you know the procedure how to define in Android, to which mobile network the smartphone should log in.