When calling with the Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+ or S20 Ultra, you can choose a setting so that your own number is not displayed on the contact's phone. This is known as number suppression.
If this function is active, only "Private" or "Unknown number" is shown on the display for your contact. This function should always be used when you call a person who is unknown or untrustworthy.
If you would like to activate number suppression with the Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+ or S20 Ultra, please use the following instructions:
Suppress phone number for all calls
1. Open the phone app on your smartphone
2. Tap the icon with the three dots in the top right corner and select "Settings" from the context menu.
3. Scroll down a bit and select "Additional services".
4. The first entry is: "Show own phone number" - Select this.
You will now see the following options:
- Network default
- Hide number
- Show number
5. Now select "Hide number".
From now on your number will not be transmitted for any calls. If you prefer not to include your phone number for a single call or a single contact, please proceed as follows
Suppress phone number for single call
1. Open the phone app on your device again.
2. Switch to the digit block, where you can enter phone numbers.
3. Now enter the following code in front of the phone number you want to call:
4. Press the green handset button and the call is started, but without transmitting your own phone number.
Suppress phone number for individual contact
In order to permanently use number suppression for a single contact, please proceed as follows:
1. Open the Contacts app and search for a contact to whom the phone number should no longer be displayed from now on.
2. Select "Edit".
3. Write the following code in front of the phone number:
4. Then save the contact.
This means that the contact's own telephone number is no longer sent with each call.
You now know the procedure for suppressing your own phone number with the Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+ or S20 Ultra.