If you have a Xiaomi smartphone and want to make a call where you don't want to transmit your own phone number, you have to "suppress" it.
If you call with suppressed phone number, "Unknown" or "Private phone number" is displayed for the called person.
For this to work, you must first set the appropriate setting on your Xiaomi smartphone.
Suppress your own phone number - Xiaomi Smartphone
1. open the phone app.
2. navigate within them to the call settings via the three-point symbol.
3. Select "Advanced Settings".
4. go to "Phone number".
5. select the Sim card for Dual-Sim devices
6. select "Phone Number" again
7. select "Suppress number" from the following three options
- Network standard
- Suppress number
- Show number
Afterwards, your own phone number will no longer be automatically transmitted when calling with the Xiamoi Smartphone. Instead, the called party receives "Unknown" or "Private Number" on the display.