Fire tablets and other Amazon smart devices with Kindle apps installed. The source for e-books is usually the Amazon Store.
If you want to install a book on the Kindle that is not from the Amazon Store, you have to transfer it manually from your computer to the Kindle.
Below we will explain step by step how to transfer books from PC or Mac to Kindle, Kindle Fire (HD), Kindle Paperwhite, etc.
Requirements for e-books from other sources
- The e-book files must be DRM-free.
- The files are in Kindle Mobi format or PDF.
Here, for example, is the useful tool "Calibre". https://calibre-ebook.com/download
If the requirements are met, you can transfer the books from your computer to the Kindle as follows
To transfer books to the Kindle
1. connect your Kindle to the computer using the USB cable provided
Double-click the drive to open it and view the folders of the device.
3. select the object to be transferred on your PC
4. copy the books to the "Documents" folder of the Kindle internal memory
You can now disconnect the Kindle from the USB cable.
Find and display books from other sources on the Kindle
The loaded books are displayed under "Device" on the shelf.
You now know how to transfer books from other sources to a Kindle quickly and easily.