Using a mobile hotspot is one of the most practical features of the Samsung Galaxy A90, A70, A50, A30. After a simple configuration within the Android system you can share the internet connection of the smartphone with other devices like tablets, smartwatches or smartphones.
Our guide shows you how to set up and then use a mobile hotspot on the Samsung Galaxy A90, A70, A50, A30
Tethering and mobile W-Lan hotspot setup - Guide
1. Start from your home screen and open the Android settings
2. Select "Connections" there.
3. Go to "Mobile Hotspot and Tethering" and then to "Mobile Hotspot".
4. Switch on the "Mobile Hotspot" via the slider.
5. Tap the "More Settings" icon in the top right-hand corner (three dots).
6. Tap on "Mobile Hotspot Configuration".
7. Fill in all required fields such as network name, security, password, etc. and then press "Save".
Devices such as smartphones, laptops, smart watches etc. can now easily connect to the mobile hotspot of your Samsung Galaxy A90, A70, A50, A30.
Activate tethering and mobile hotspot via status bar
From a Home screen, swipe from top to bottom to access the quick launch buttons on the status bar.
Look for the Mobile Hotspot icon here. Activate it by tapping it once, or deactivate it to turn it off.
Mobile hotspot may consume data volume of the Samsung Galaxy A90, A70, A50, A30 very quickly
The Mobile Hotspot uses the data of your mobile phone provider and is therefore not free (unless you have an unlimited data subscription). When the Mobile Hotspot is activated, you should be aware of the data usage to avoid paying more than your usual data usage.
In particular, there is a risk that other devices may view the hotspot as a standard Wi-Fi hotspot and automatically download major updates, for example. This can very quickly lead to your data volume being used up.
Now you know how to use the Samsung Galaxy A90, A70, A50, A30 as a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot.