Even under Android 9.0 Pie you can place widgets on the Home screen so that you can use information and special functions directly. An important widget used by almost all users is the weather widget.
In the following we will explain the exact procedure how to add a widget to the start screen under Android 9.0 Pie.
Assign widgets to start screen under Android 9.0 Pie
1. To do this, press and hold a free area of the Home screen with your finger for a long time.
2. This one now contracts and reveals a menu.
3. Select "Widgets" in this window.
4. Scroll through the list of widgets until you see, for example, the weather widget.
5. To place the widget, press and hold the widget until it appears on the home screen.
6. Release the widget to place it on the home screen - done!
You now know the exact procedure how to add a widget to the Home screen in Android 9.0 Pie.
For example, you can now view and use calendar dates, WhatsApp news and much more directly from your Android 9.0 Pie home screen.